In order to sell a home in today’s market, it is important for a seller to be realistic, and it may not be easy.
It is a buyer’s market; buyers will generally purchase a home for market value or below. Many times the first offer is the best offer. Interest rates are attractive for loans.
List price is determined by:
• Most recent sales of homes similar to yours in age, amount of square feet, location nearest to your home and similar amenities.
List price is not determined by:
• asking price of homes for sale in your neighborhood.
• the amount the appraisal district is assessing your home.
• the amount your insurance is for insuring your home.
Once you have made the decision to sell, remember:
• Buyers do not care how much cash you need or want.
• Buyers do not care how much you paid for your home.
• Buyers do not care how much you have invested in improvements.
Detach yourself from your home:
• Think as a buyer: what would you pay for this home? Honestly now, what would YOU pay for this home in its present condition?
• Say to yourself: “This is not my home; it is a product to be sold like a box of cereal at the grocery store; I need to be objective.”
• Let go of the home by neutralizing the color scheme.
• Creat curb appeal so buyer will eagerly come in your home. Once inside, the buyer will imagine this clean, repaired, sparkling home as their own. ( Do not confuse buyers with your taste, your favorite items, too much furniture, dim lighting or your clutter.)
Be encouraged! With a home that is “priced right”, you may “stay firm” with offers, the home will sell more quickly and you can move on with your life!
It is our pleasure to help you and to work with you to bring about a sale for your home.